Shannon Kate Gillespie
Employment and Volunteer History
Wayfarer Creative Media
Content creation and brand photography
• Develops and implements social media marketing plans across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Youtube.
• Creates and manages email marketing and outreach marketing campaigns.
• Researches and writes long-form content for creative entrepreneurs looking to build up content marketing material.
• Writes and executes e-courses based on existing content.
Robin Chapple MLC
• Research and write fact sheets and reports for policy development.
• Contribute to press releases and grant applications.
• Develop and update database on Rangelands pastoral area.
• Write and produce multimedia campaigns to support the Greens.
Shannon Kate Photography
Owner and Lead Photographer
• Established and implemented business and marketing plans to create a
business that ran a profit within 3 years of opening.
• Produced all marketing material including logo, branding, website, social
media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest and Ello) and printed advertising.
Housing Project Worker
• Conducted qualitative research and analysis regarding current and future housing options for complex housing cases.
• Produced an extensive written report on housing outcomes for large families and other complex cases.
• Worked one-on-one with case workers and clients to identify and address issues surrounding those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Peel, Rockingham and Fremantle regions.
Administrative Assistant for Expansion Team (Volunteer)
• Developing and executing a plan to increase membership and retention of a new activism group on Curtin University campus and encourage members to take part in organised activities and rallies.
• Liaise with different departments throughout Amnesty International, Curtin University and Curtin Guild.
• Develop and implement social media (Facebook and Twitter) marketing for each group, including written and visual content production, and client engagement.
Global Ethnographic Journal
Social Media Manager (Volunteer)
• Developed and implemented social media marketing plan across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+.
• Developed, edited and published written and photographic content to encourage engagement between GE and their audience.
• Produced monthly newsletter with actionable steps to encourage subscription to the journal.
Boyd Metal Industries
Receptionist / Administrative Clerk
• Provided excellent first point of contact client liaison for busy manufacturing plant dealing with private and corporate clients.
• Overhauled marketing material for sister company Juniper Wines including website, social media (Facebook), client database and printed marketing material.
• Effectively managed time cards, shift/vacation rosters and payroll for 100+ workshop employees and 10 office staff.
2016 Curtin University
Master of Media and Communication (Professional Writing and Publishing)
2015 Curtin University
Bachelor of Arts Honours (Humanities – Anthropology and Sociology)
Course weighted average of 76 (Distinction)
2012 NEIS program (TAFE Qualification)
Certificate IV in Small Business Management
References Available on Request